14th October, 2019
9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Eligible to Attend:
People Working in a Caring and Healthcare environment
The aim of this course is to encourage people working in the caring profession (e.g. Nurses, activity co-ordinators, carers, facilitators, workshop co-ordinators) to engage in Art activities to improve the quality of life for residents and day care users.
Participation in the programme may promote inclusion, stimulation, enhancing motor skills, visual awareness, concentration, confidence building, team building, learning, communication and it’s fun!
What can Creative Arts do for you?
Inclusion, stimulation, enhancing motor skills, visual awareness, concentration, confidence building, team building, learning, communication and fun!
Main Topics which will be Discussed:
- Everyone is capable regardless of background to enjoy and partake in creative arts.
- Materials you can use in activities.
- Ideas of projects to implement in the clinical or healthcare setting.
Learning Outcomes and Skills:
- Participants will demonstrate confidence in the knowledge of art and other relevant materials
- Gain an understanding of projects that can be brought to a specific area of work
- Gain a greater understanding of the therapeutic effects of art as an activity
- Have opportunities to experience, share and explore ways of using different materials
- Identify the importance of communicating with clients through creativity
- Increase awareness of the endless possibilities for people with disabilities
- Ability to assess certain aspects of a client with their needs using the medium of art
- How to carry out a task analysis or break down tasks to assess which cognitive and physical skills are needed for client participation. This will enable you to tailor the activities to meed specific client needs.
Accreditation / CPD:
A certificate of attendance will be provided