- We provide a clean, comfortable and safe environment
- We treat our patients with respect, and compassion
- We support individual needs and abilities
- We provide timely and appropriate collaboration, communication and consultation with you and your family in order to assess, plan and implement your care
- We encourage you to maintain your links with carers and friends
- We encourage integration through social activity and will support you at your pace
- Your GP will continue to be your primary carer
- We will respect and encourage your spiritual, religious and cultural beliefs
- We practise evidence based care
- We adhere to regulations and quality standards in order to provide a safe environment
- We consider caring for you or a member of your family a privilege
- We encourage feedback
- We practise continuous improvement.
Nursing Home FAQ
- Dressing gown
- Night clothes
- Day clothes
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap)
- Personal items – photos, books, and mementos – should you wish. You can ask the nursing staff if you have any questions on this
- As much as possible try and leave your valuables at home as we cannot accept liability for loss or damage.
Unfortunately, visiting restrictions are in place due to COVID-19. These restrictions are for the protection of residents and staff.
Please see the banner on the Home page for information on current visiting arrangements.
- For admission requests please contact the Director of Nursing or her deputy on 061 485800.
- Their office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- Prior to admission we will try and arrange a tour of the Home and facilities, if you wish.
- We are a voluntary nursing home registered by HIQA.
- Costs will be discussed with you, or your representative, prior to your admission.
Residents will be invoiced on the 1st of each month for the previous month.