08th, 15th and 22nd April 2020
Day 1 08:30 to 16:30
Day 2 08:30 to 16:30
Day 3 08:30 to 16:30
Eligible to Attend:
Day 1 €85.00
Day 2 €85.00
Day 3 €85.00
Days 1, 2 & 3 €160
A three day programme to provide RGN’s with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge of core clinical skills to meet the needs of persons in residential care.
– Male Catheterisation and Venepuncture
– Administration of subcutaneous fluids
– Palliative Care
– Wound Care
– Long Term Conditions
At the end of the programme participants will:
- gain an insight into palliative care principles and how they can be applied to practice.
- provide the nurse with up to date evidence based knowledge, skills and theoretical competencies to safely and successfully carry out venepuncture, maleurethral and suprapubic catheterisation and administration of sub cut fluids to adult patients.
- understand assessment, treatment and management of woulds including palliative wounds, leg ulcers and fungating wounds.
- gain increased knowledge of long-term conditions specifically heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cerebrovascular accident.
- Enhance their knowledge of holistic care and relevant issues when caring for an older person with dementia and psychological and behavioural symptoms.
- An overview of polypharmacy, its impact management in the older person.
Accreditation/CPD: Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) have been applied for from An Bord Altranais Cnaimhseachais na hEireann (The Nurse and Midwifery Board of Ireland).