06th February 2020
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Eligible to Attend:
This programme is aimed at the multidisciplinary team and has been developed for all healthcare professionals caring for older people. This includes Physiotherapists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Porters, Healthcare Assistants, Nurses, Doctors.
Background: Frailty is an emerging science. For people with frailty, even a relatively minor event such as an infection can result in a dramatic change in their health state: from independent to dependent; mobile to immobile; lucid to delirious. Frailty has been shown to be a predictor of emergency department visits, hospitalisations, hospital re-admissions and in-hospital mortality.
- to provide healthcare professionals with an enhanced understanding of frailty and frailty assessments.
- to ensure earlier recognition of frailty, improved healthcare management, and better health outcomes for older adults living with frailty.
Facilitation: the programme is designed to be interactive and informal. The use of PowerPoint presentations, group discussions, video clips and reference materials aim to provide healthcare professionals with an enhanced understanding of frailty and frailty assessments.
Core Components of the Programme are Fundamentals of:
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Nutrition / Mal Nutrition
- Problematic & Appropriate Polypharmacy
Video: Frailty is not an inevitable part of aging
“96 year old holds the world record for oldest yoga teacher”
Accreditation: This programme has been awarded NMBI 6.5 CEUs and HSCP Council 6.5 CPD points.
Booking: Book two weeks in advance of date as spaces are limited.