15th October, 2019
1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Eligigle to Attend:
People Working in a Caring Profession
Main Topics which will be Discussed:
- How to plan a sustainable year round table top gardening programme
- Enabling Gardening Equipment and Techniques
- The training and use of Volunteers to enhance the client experience
- Activities that promote year round participation in a table top gardening programme
- Safe Plants for dementia care settings.
Learning Outcomes and Skills:
- Participants will demonstrate confidence in the knowledge in basic horticultural skills that will support the successful role-out of a table top gardening programme.
- Gain an understanding of how gardening and garden craft activities can be adapted to meet the needs of clients in many diverse care settings
- Gain a greater understanding of the active and passive therapeutic effects of the garden / natural environment and how it can be used
- Have opportunities to experience participating in practicable table top gardening activities giving you take away ideas for your own project.
- How to carry out a task analysis or break down horticultural tasks to assess which cognitive and physical skills are needed for client participation. tjhis will enable you to tailor the horticulture activities to meet specific client needs.
Accreditation / CPD:
A certificate of attendance will be provided.